Blogs are the fastest mushrooming (and dying!) Internet fad. The story is the same all over the world. Everyday thousands of blogs come into existence for reasons galore, but a few last more than a few months, some even less. My dear bloggers, a little smart blog management and a few clever tips can multiply you chances of having a lively blog. Here's how:
You may be a citizen journalist, an online "how-to" advice column writer from a field unimaginable, a social networker, or a businessperson … without your blog is not first among equals with eyeball-catching content, attractive packaging, and constant updates, you will be as much wanted as last week's newspaper. Five magical qualities are all what you need to make your blog the next blockbuster.
– YOUnique Blog: Your blog can only be as original and innovative as you are. Water your blog with new ideas, fertilize it with consistently appealing thoughts, and weed out all the redundant information. Your content should always leave an element of anticipation for your followers.
– Imaginative Blog: Why should I spend my time and bandwidth on your blog? What have you got buddy that should make me seek your page out of the billion others? Be as imaginative as maybe GOD. Let your blog be a canvas of what you do the best. Make it colorful, unpredictable, shocking, passionate, different … OK you get the picture 🙂 🙂 🙂
– Blog Promotion: You do not exist until you make people aware of your existence. All the usual rules of online advertising apply, except the power of word-of-mouth is supreme as far as blogosphere is concerned. A successful blog associates some quality advertising, but beware – do not make your website look like an ad-mag, for which you need to manage your placement wisely. Some additional features such as a Facebook or a twitter account or a properly placed advertisement in a niche magazine can go a long way in promoting your blog.
– User-friendly Blog: I get extremely cross and frustrated with blogs where simple connectivity looks like rocket science, with pages and pages information required before I can even decide whether I want to join the bandwagon. Make your blog feel like home, where everything seems easy and within reach. Make your visitors feel instant connectivity with simple, easy-to-do instructions, simple tags, and uncomplicated instructions. A few comments or topics that generate discussions make regular followers feel acknowledged and accepted.
– Regular: Public attention is very fickle. To hold on to you base, be regular in updating your blog. You may not renew every day, but at least keep regular days when people can expect to see something new from you. After a while, blogs can be as addictive as the morning newspaper, and a smart blogger will always perform for the next applause.
Rome was not built in a day, and your blog will need some careful nurturing before your efforts bear fruit. So if you mean business, get ready to rough it out. Do it yourself if you have the time or hire a blog management company to do it for you.